Teen Lift was designed to address the educational, social and cultural needs of the inner city youth. Our focus is to assemble youths within the urban communities that are often labeled underachievers, at-risk or impoverished. Our main objective is to provide experiences that develop a sense of pride, purpose and commitment to their communities.
Students will engage in a comprehensive transformation process developing their minds. The students will get tutoring in subjects in which they may need assistance. Students will attend workshop sessions covering the following topics: health, political, cultural, educational and economic awareness. In addition to the tutoring and workshops, this program will allow the students to broaden their horizons through various activities and field trips.
The goal for Delta Teen Lift is to increase self awareness and esteem. We hope that our program will inspire our young adults to rise above any obstacles that they may encounter.
The goals of the Teen Lift program is to offer 10th - 12th grade students who attend high school in Brooklyn and/or reside in Brooklyn, opportunities to explore, understand, and consider the following matters:
- College admission options
- The financial aid process
- Writing the personal statement
- Preparation for college interviews
- Benefits of attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
In order to participate in the Teen Lift program, we require accepted students to abide by the following requirements:
Regular, prompt attendance at 14 Saturday morning workshops;
- Completion of all homework assignments during the Teen Lift program;
- Availability to attend the out-of-state college tour during the 2018 School Spring Recess;
- Two letters of recommendation. The letters may be obtained from any two of the following sources:
- A member of Brooklyn Alumnae Chapter
- A teacher or guidance counselor
- Employer, Religious leader, Sunday School Teacher, Scout Leader or Political Community Leader
- An official high school transcript in a sealed envelope
- All students must complete 2 essays, which can be found on the application
Teen Lift Chairs