Teen Lift Orientation will be held on Saturday, October 10 from 10am - 12PM for young people and parents/guardians interested in participating in this year's programs.
Teen Lift was designed to address the educational, social and cultural needs of the inner city youth. Our focus is to assemble youths within the urban communities that are often labeled underachievers, at-risk or impoverished. Our main objective is to provide experiences that develop a sense of pride, purpose and commitment to their communities.
The goals of the Teen Lift program is to offer 10th - 12th grade students who attend high school in Brooklyn and/or reside in Brooklyn, opportunities to explore, understand, and consider the following matters:
- College admission options
- The financial aid process
- Writing the personal statement
- Preparation for college interviews
- Benefits of attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)